Learn how to create custom slice locations through a 3D object.
- [Instructor] Synchro offers a user slice,…which gives you more control…over the exact location of your slicing.…Select first on this middle slab…then come up here to 3D,…then select on 3D Subdivision…to open up the 3D Subdivision window.…Click on User Slice.…Then add two columns and three rows.…Once your columns and rows are in,…one of the things that you'll notice…is that it no longer is listing this…as being a User Slice.…
It tends to come back over here to just regular Slice.…So just click here right here in the circle…next to User Slice.…Then you can either type in a number,…or what I like to do is grab onto these arrows…and then drag the arrows over.…Each time you drag an arrow over,…you're manipulating that slice…to be in a new location.…So by using the arrows with the user slice,…you can subdivide your slab or whatever 3D object…the way that you need it to be subdivided.…
Brian Myers focuses on the major features of Synchro for project management, animation, and presentation. Learn how to import scheduling and model data, schedule tasks and visualize them with Gantt charts, track progress, and even create animations based on tasks. Brian also shows how to export your work to paper, PDF, and image and video files. Start watching to find out how Synchro unifies the process of BIM and scheduling for more insight and control at every stage of construction.
- Understanding the Synchro interface and navigation
- Importing 3D models and schedules
- Creating tasks
- Scheduling with Gantt charts
- Model-based scheduling
- Reviewing baseline vs. actual progress
- Creating 3D objects
- Modifying and synchronizing 3D objects
- Subdividing objects
- Exporting presentations
- Printing and exporting 3D PDF, FBX, AVI, and image files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
4. Selecting, Viewing, and Grouping Resources
6. Objects and Animations
7. Subdividing Objects
8. Exporting Information
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.