Learn how to create a slice out of a 3D object.
- [Instructor] Synchro allows us to slice up…or make separate pieces out of our modeled objects.…For this exercise, we want to divide up…the middle pad into multiple different pads.…To accomplish that, start off by selecting on the pad,…then go to 3D, come over here to your Split tool,…and that can either be a button,…or it may just be labeled Split Tool,…then select 3D Subdivisions.…Here in the 3D Subdivision window, select Slice.…
Now we want to go through the process…of creating slices through this concrete pad.…Select a little up arrow to give one column.…Basically, what this means, is that it's taking one slice…through the concrete pad.…If you click that up arrow two more times,…we'll now have three slices through the concrete pad.…We can also do this with rows.…Select the up arrow, and continue to select the up arrow,…until you have three there as well.…
It may be a little difficult to see on the screen,…but we have a slice here, a slice here,…and if I zoom in, we can see another slice…there in the middle.…
Brian Myers focuses on the major features of Synchro for project management, animation, and presentation. Learn how to import scheduling and model data, schedule tasks and visualize them with Gantt charts, track progress, and even create animations based on tasks. Brian also shows how to export your work to paper, PDF, and image and video files. Start watching to find out how Synchro unifies the process of BIM and scheduling for more insight and control at every stage of construction.
- Understanding the Synchro interface and navigation
- Importing 3D models and schedules
- Creating tasks
- Scheduling with Gantt charts
- Model-based scheduling
- Reviewing baseline vs. actual progress
- Creating 3D objects
- Modifying and synchronizing 3D objects
- Subdividing objects
- Exporting presentations
- Printing and exporting 3D PDF, FBX, AVI, and image files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
4. Selecting, Viewing, and Grouping Resources
6. Objects and Animations
7. Subdividing Objects
8. Exporting Information
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.