Learn how to create multiple slices in a 3D object.
- [Instructor] To slice or subdivide multiple objects…first start by selecting on those objects that…you want to slice.…Select this slab…then hold down the Control key…and select this slab.…Next, come up here to the 3D tab.…And click on 3D Subdivision.…Here in the 3D Subdivision window…select Slice.…And now this is the important part.…Put a check mark next to Subdivide Multiple Objects.…
If it's not checked,…then just one of those objects will get subdivided.…So put a check in that box.…Then for Rows…add two rows.…Now it appears that it'll subdivide…these slabs…so that there's one, two, three…slabs over here.…And one, two, three…slabs over here.…And that's what it will actually do.…If we close the 3D Subdivision window…then take a look at our 3D model…we'll notice that if we select on those slabs…we now have…six…individual slabs.…
If, these two slabs that had originally…been signed to one of the tasks…you'll now need to go through the process again…of reassigning these slabs…to the appropriate task.…
Brian Myers focuses on the major features of Synchro for project management, animation, and presentation. Learn how to import scheduling and model data, schedule tasks and visualize them with Gantt charts, track progress, and even create animations based on tasks. Brian also shows how to export your work to paper, PDF, and image and video files. Start watching to find out how Synchro unifies the process of BIM and scheduling for more insight and control at every stage of construction.
- Understanding the Synchro interface and navigation
- Importing 3D models and schedules
- Creating tasks
- Scheduling with Gantt charts
- Model-based scheduling
- Reviewing baseline vs. actual progress
- Creating 3D objects
- Modifying and synchronizing 3D objects
- Subdividing objects
- Exporting presentations
- Printing and exporting 3D PDF, FBX, AVI, and image files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
4. Selecting, Viewing, and Grouping Resources
6. Objects and Animations
7. Subdividing Objects
8. Exporting Information
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.