Learn how to snap to locations on an object using the Manipulator.
- [Instructor] When working in Synchro…you have the capability to select on…specific spots of objects.…What I'd like to do is begin by selecting…on this fork lift, moving the entire fork lift up,…then selecting on the bottom of its wheels.…To accomplish that task we first need…to select the fork lift.…Unfortunately, if we tried to hold down…the shift key on the keyboard and then select…an object on the fork lift the entire forklift…will not highlight.…
And the reason is is that the forklift…is made up of individual objects…and if you try to just single click on the forklift,…just those objects that you've selected on will highlight.…This also makes it difficult for us to select…via a window because currently the forklift…is on the inside of this building…and we might accidentally select on objects…that we don't want to select on when moving the forklift.…So what we need to do is come up here…to windows and then select on Resources.…
And we can see on our resources list…that we have a grouping of polyface meshes.…
Brian Myers focuses on the major features of Synchro for project management, animation, and presentation. Learn how to import scheduling and model data, schedule tasks and visualize them with Gantt charts, track progress, and even create animations based on tasks. Brian also shows how to export your work to paper, PDF, and image and video files. Start watching to find out how Synchro unifies the process of BIM and scheduling for more insight and control at every stage of construction.
- Understanding the Synchro interface and navigation
- Importing 3D models and schedules
- Creating tasks
- Scheduling with Gantt charts
- Model-based scheduling
- Reviewing baseline vs. actual progress
- Creating 3D objects
- Modifying and synchronizing 3D objects
- Subdividing objects
- Exporting presentations
- Printing and exporting 3D PDF, FBX, AVI, and image files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
4. Selecting, Viewing, and Grouping Resources
6. Objects and Animations
7. Subdividing Objects
8. Exporting Information
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.