This lesson shows you how to select an object or multiple objects.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Instructor] There are several ways to select objects in Synchro's three-D view. The first way is to left click on an object. To select multiple objects, continue to left click until you have all of your objects selected. To de-select your selection set, hit the escape key on the keyboard. To window around objects to select multiple objects, you can hold down the shift key on the keyboard, move your cursor to the upper left-hand corner of the area that you want to select, left click hold your mouse button down with the shift key, then window around those objects that you want to select.
You can let go of the left click to select all objects which are currently visible in the view, which also touch that selection box. If we click on the corner of the view cube, we can now see that certain objects that were not visible in that view were not selected. Now I'm going to select on the front of the view cube again so we can get back to the front. A different way to select is if we hit the escape key to get out of the selection set, and then window from the upper right-hand corner down to the left-hand side.
So hold down the shift key, click out here, hold your mouse button down, come over here, then let go. By going from right to left, anything that was touching the box will automatically be selected. In this case, if we spin the model around again, we'll see that everything was touching the box. So the entire model was selected. Hit the front of the view cube, hit the escape key to get out of your selection.
Another way to select is from the bottom right corner up to the top left. So hold down the shift key, left click, come up, then let go. This selects everything that's touching that selection box, and everything that's visible that's touching that selection box. So if we rotate this around, we'll see all the objects that were not visible did not get selected.
Brian Myers focuses on the major features of Synchro for project management, animation, and presentation. Learn how to import scheduling and model data, schedule tasks and visualize them with Gantt charts, track progress, and even create animations based on tasks. Brian also shows how to export your work to paper, PDF, and image and video files. Start watching to find out how Synchro unifies the process of BIM and scheduling for more insight and control at every stage of construction.
- Understanding the Synchro interface and navigation
- Importing 3D models and schedules
- Creating tasks
- Scheduling with Gantt charts
- Model-based scheduling
- Reviewing baseline vs. actual progress
- Creating 3D objects
- Modifying and synchronizing 3D objects
- Subdividing objects
- Exporting presentations
- Printing and exporting 3D PDF, FBX, AVI, and image files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
4. Selecting, Viewing, and Grouping Resources
6. Objects and Animations
7. Subdividing Objects
8. Exporting Information
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.