Learn how preparing models before they are brought into Synchro is typically a good idea.
- [Instructor] The tools in Synchro…excel at synchronizing 3D models…and construction schedules.…Unfortunately, you're provided with…only limited control on how to modify…and subdivide these models inside of the software.…As a result, it is recommended that you group…and subdivide the model parts for the purposes…of assignment to scheduled tasks within…the original authoring software.…While Synchro has tools to aid in these steps,…and we'll discuss them later, it's more…productive to use other software to…accomplish those tasks if you have them available.…
Examples of those tasks may include…subdividing a floor, so that instead of…having one floor, there would be three floors,…or subdividing your column so instead…of a column going from the base all…the way up to the top level,…the column will actually break where it's…supposed to at each and every floor.…So the trick to preparing 3D models…for import into Synchro is to…group them or model them, either by…layer, by object, by level,…or even in separate files for the tasks…
Brian Myers focuses on the major features of Synchro for project management, animation, and presentation. Learn how to import scheduling and model data, schedule tasks and visualize them with Gantt charts, track progress, and even create animations based on tasks. Brian also shows how to export your work to paper, PDF, and image and video files. Start watching to find out how Synchro unifies the process of BIM and scheduling for more insight and control at every stage of construction.
- Understanding the Synchro interface and navigation
- Importing 3D models and schedules
- Creating tasks
- Scheduling with Gantt charts
- Model-based scheduling
- Reviewing baseline vs. actual progress
- Creating 3D objects
- Modifying and synchronizing 3D objects
- Subdividing objects
- Exporting presentations
- Printing and exporting 3D PDF, FBX, AVI, and image files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
4. Selecting, Viewing, and Grouping Resources
6. Objects and Animations
7. Subdividing Objects
8. Exporting Information
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.