Learn how to open a project within Synchro.
- [Instructor] There are four ways…to open a project inside of Synchro.…The first way is to go to your quick access…toolbar, select on the blue folder,…which is Open an existing project,…then go find the file that you want to open,…and in this case you want to go to your desktop,…go to Exercise Files, Chapter 1,…select on House, and then click on Open.…If it asks you do you want to save…your current project, tell it no,…and then it'll open up the project.…
The next way that you can do it is…with a keyboard shortcut, which is…holding down Ctrl and then selecting "O" for Open.…Then go into the right folder, selecting…on the file, and clicking on Open.…The third way is to go to File,…Open, Private Project, and then select the file.…The final way is to go to File,…and if the project has already been opened…you'll then see it on your recent documents list.…Here, I'll select on House, and it ended up…opening up that house project if it wasn't already open.…
Brian Myers focuses on the major features of Synchro for project management, animation, and presentation. Learn how to import scheduling and model data, schedule tasks and visualize them with Gantt charts, track progress, and even create animations based on tasks. Brian also shows how to export your work to paper, PDF, and image and video files. Start watching to find out how Synchro unifies the process of BIM and scheduling for more insight and control at every stage of construction.
- Understanding the Synchro interface and navigation
- Importing 3D models and schedules
- Creating tasks
- Scheduling with Gantt charts
- Model-based scheduling
- Reviewing baseline vs. actual progress
- Creating 3D objects
- Modifying and synchronizing 3D objects
- Subdividing objects
- Exporting presentations
- Printing and exporting 3D PDF, FBX, AVI, and image files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
4. Selecting, Viewing, and Grouping Resources
6. Objects and Animations
7. Subdividing Objects
8. Exporting Information
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.