Learn how to create a task in the schedule by selecting on an object in the model.
- [Instructor] An interesting way to add…task to the Gantt chart is by using the model…to add task.…Let's start by highlighting on Row 31,…which is Slab on Grade.…Now I want to add three tasks…underneath Slab on Grade.…But let's do that by leveraging the model.…Start by selecting on one of the slabs…over on the left-hand side.…Now, let's pick and order…the way that we want this slab to be poured.…So let's pick this slab,…then this slab.…
Now that all three have been picked,…right-click, and come down here…to Create Task,…to Under Selected Task.…So it'll create three task…under Slab on Grade.…It'll ask, Do you want to create a separate task…for each resource?…Tell it yes.…Now we can see that we have three task,…one for each of those floors.…Now let's rename this first floor…to be Slab on Grade One.…
So, select on the first line,…right-click,…go to Rename Task,…and then type in the Slab on Grade One,…and then hit Enter.…Now you can either type in Slab on Grade Two,…Slab on Grade Three,…or you can just select here inside of the box,…
Brian Myers focuses on the major features of Synchro for project management, animation, and presentation. Learn how to import scheduling and model data, schedule tasks and visualize them with Gantt charts, track progress, and even create animations based on tasks. Brian also shows how to export your work to paper, PDF, and image and video files. Start watching to find out how Synchro unifies the process of BIM and scheduling for more insight and control at every stage of construction.
- Understanding the Synchro interface and navigation
- Importing 3D models and schedules
- Creating tasks
- Scheduling with Gantt charts
- Model-based scheduling
- Reviewing baseline vs. actual progress
- Creating 3D objects
- Modifying and synchronizing 3D objects
- Subdividing objects
- Exporting presentations
- Printing and exporting 3D PDF, FBX, AVI, and image files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
4. Selecting, Viewing, and Grouping Resources
6. Objects and Animations
7. Subdividing Objects
8. Exporting Information
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.