In this video, you will learn how to assign an object to a task within Synchro.
- [Instructor] When assigning an object to a task,…there are three main areas on the screen…that we need to focus on.…The first area is the 3D window…where that three-dimensional object displays.…The second area is the Gantt chart…where the task is displayed,…and the third area is the fast options tool bar,…which will control the way this resource is displayed.…Now if we select where the word install is located,…we can see that there's several different options…for installing it, maintaining it, removing it,…if this object is just a temporary object…that we could select off the list.…
Now before we select anything actually on the list,…come down and select on this pad which goes along…the bottom of the trailer.…This will be assigned to the temporary hard standing task.…So verify the temporary hard standing…is highlighted in yellow.…If not, just select on the number seven,…and it should be highlighted.…Now we do want this to be an install task,…so if it's not already labeled as being install,…select on install.…
Brian Myers focuses on the major features of Synchro for project management, animation, and presentation. Learn how to import scheduling and model data, schedule tasks and visualize them with Gantt charts, track progress, and even create animations based on tasks. Brian also shows how to export your work to paper, PDF, and image and video files. Start watching to find out how Synchro unifies the process of BIM and scheduling for more insight and control at every stage of construction.
- Understanding the Synchro interface and navigation
- Importing 3D models and schedules
- Creating tasks
- Scheduling with Gantt charts
- Model-based scheduling
- Reviewing baseline vs. actual progress
- Creating 3D objects
- Modifying and synchronizing 3D objects
- Subdividing objects
- Exporting presentations
- Printing and exporting 3D PDF, FBX, AVI, and image files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
4. Selecting, Viewing, and Grouping Resources
6. Objects and Animations
7. Subdividing Objects
8. Exporting Information
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.