This lesson shows you how to bring a Microsoft Project file into Synchro.
- [Instructor] Synchro allows for the imports…of Microsoft Project and Primavera P6 schedules…into the software.…For this project,…we'll bring in a Microsoft Projects schedule…into Synchro.…Come up to File,…highlight Import,…and then select on Microsoft Project XML.…I will point out, while I'm here,…that if you brought in a Primavera P6 file…you select on Primavera P6,…and on the next menu,…choose either an XML file or connect…to the Primavera database.…
With the Microsoft Project XML…we have the option to choose which XML file…that we want to bring into the project.…So select on Browse,…choose Exercise Files,…Chapter Two,…and then select on Training Project Schedule,…and click on Open.…Then, select Next.…It'll ask you some questions,…but just accept the defaults…and click on Import.…Now it's brought that information into Synchro.…
If you select on Finish,…you'll now see on the Gantt chart…the schedule from Microsoft Project.…
Brian Myers focuses on the major features of Synchro for project management, animation, and presentation. Learn how to import scheduling and model data, schedule tasks and visualize them with Gantt charts, track progress, and even create animations based on tasks. Brian also shows how to export your work to paper, PDF, and image and video files. Start watching to find out how Synchro unifies the process of BIM and scheduling for more insight and control at every stage of construction.
- Understanding the Synchro interface and navigation
- Importing 3D models and schedules
- Creating tasks
- Scheduling with Gantt charts
- Model-based scheduling
- Reviewing baseline vs. actual progress
- Creating 3D objects
- Modifying and synchronizing 3D objects
- Subdividing objects
- Exporting presentations
- Printing and exporting 3D PDF, FBX, AVI, and image files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
4. Selecting, Viewing, and Grouping Resources
6. Objects and Animations
7. Subdividing Objects
8. Exporting Information
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.