In this video, you will learn the process of bringing in 3D model content created in other design software.
- [Narrator] To import 3D files into Synchro,…come up to file, import, select 3D.…Click on add files then go to your desktop,…exercise files folder, Chapter 02,…then find the Architecture, Landscape,…Site, and Structure files.…Now you can import in each one of these…individually, or you can import them in altogether.…Let's import in all four of these.…
Start by selecting Architecture,…hold down the SHIFT key on your keyboard,…then click Structure.…That should highlight all four files,…then click on open.…Now we can see those files on the import 3D list,…and you can either click on import,…or click on next.…If you select on next, you'll get an extra…series of options, including ignore the hidden 3D objects,…ignore any wireframe objects,…and a few more options as well.…
Let's just leave everything at the defaults,…and then click on next.…Here you can specify, do you want it to insert…in at 0,0,0 in the 3D world?…Do you want it to be scaled at all?…And do you want it to be rotated?…Let's just leave it at its defaults.…
Brian Myers focuses on the major features of Synchro for project management, animation, and presentation. Learn how to import scheduling and model data, schedule tasks and visualize them with Gantt charts, track progress, and even create animations based on tasks. Brian also shows how to export your work to paper, PDF, and image and video files. Start watching to find out how Synchro unifies the process of BIM and scheduling for more insight and control at every stage of construction.
- Understanding the Synchro interface and navigation
- Importing 3D models and schedules
- Creating tasks
- Scheduling with Gantt charts
- Model-based scheduling
- Reviewing baseline vs. actual progress
- Creating 3D objects
- Modifying and synchronizing 3D objects
- Subdividing objects
- Exporting presentations
- Printing and exporting 3D PDF, FBX, AVI, and image files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
4. Selecting, Viewing, and Grouping Resources
6. Objects and Animations
7. Subdividing Objects
8. Exporting Information
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.