Learn how to export an FBX file from Synchro.
- [Instructor] An FBX file is the type of file…that many 3D rendering software programs use,…including 3d Studio Max.…To export out to an FBX file,…come up to File, Export,…and select on 3D.…In the Export 3D dialog box, select on Browse.…Then under Exercise Files chapter eight,…let's type Max for the file name.…And Save as type, change it from 3D PDF…to an Autodesk FBX file.…
I'll also point out while I'm here…that it can also print to a Autodesk DWF file as well.…Now if you select on the Autodesk FBX,…you can then select Save.…It will ask you how do you want to export your 3D objects.…Now if you do export to their original positions,…or export in accordance with their current focus time,…it'll do just that, but it'll leave it…as just a three dimensional model.…
But you also have the option to export an animation.…And then you could choose which dates…to use from the animation.…And let's just select Export Animation, then click Next.…Right now we can see that there is an Animation duration,…and that Animation duration is 60 seconds.…
Brian Myers focuses on the major features of Synchro for project management, animation, and presentation. Learn how to import scheduling and model data, schedule tasks and visualize them with Gantt charts, track progress, and even create animations based on tasks. Brian also shows how to export your work to paper, PDF, and image and video files. Start watching to find out how Synchro unifies the process of BIM and scheduling for more insight and control at every stage of construction.
- Understanding the Synchro interface and navigation
- Importing 3D models and schedules
- Creating tasks
- Scheduling with Gantt charts
- Model-based scheduling
- Reviewing baseline vs. actual progress
- Creating 3D objects
- Modifying and synchronizing 3D objects
- Subdividing objects
- Exporting presentations
- Printing and exporting 3D PDF, FBX, AVI, and image files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
4. Selecting, Viewing, and Grouping Resources
6. Objects and Animations
7. Subdividing Objects
8. Exporting Information
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.