This lesson shows how to create a custom use profile for your project.
- [Narrator] A custom use profile is…a customized profile that displays…the three-dimensional objects a specific way…when they're assigned to a task.…Traditionally those are shown here on the bar…going across the top of the screen…as either being Install, Maintain, Remove, or Temporary.…But we can create our own.…In the Resource Appearance Profiles box,…right-click and then select on Add to create a user profile.…Let's call this user profile Front Back.…
Now you'll notice that Front Back is now one of our options.…So when it comes time to assign the slab to the task,…it will be part of the Front Back user profile.…Now to modify the properties of the Front Back profile,…we can click on the bar, drag down,…and begin to see the properties…of that custom use profile.…One of the options is an action.…Currently it's set to be Install…meaning that this object is being installed.…
And that's what we want.…So select on Install.…We can change the way that it looks like at the start.…We can also change the way that it looks…
Brian Myers focuses on the major features of Synchro for project management, animation, and presentation. Learn how to import scheduling and model data, schedule tasks and visualize them with Gantt charts, track progress, and even create animations based on tasks. Brian also shows how to export your work to paper, PDF, and image and video files. Start watching to find out how Synchro unifies the process of BIM and scheduling for more insight and control at every stage of construction.
- Understanding the Synchro interface and navigation
- Importing 3D models and schedules
- Creating tasks
- Scheduling with Gantt charts
- Model-based scheduling
- Reviewing baseline vs. actual progress
- Creating 3D objects
- Modifying and synchronizing 3D objects
- Subdividing objects
- Exporting presentations
- Printing and exporting 3D PDF, FBX, AVI, and image files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
4. Selecting, Viewing, and Grouping Resources
6. Objects and Animations
7. Subdividing Objects
8. Exporting Information
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.