This video demonstrates how to place an image within the 3D environment to simulate a site.
- [Instructor] To add images for signage…or site plans in Synchro we can use…what's called a textured plane.…To place a textured plane for our site plan…let's start by getting into a more traditional…site plan view.…So let's click on a corner of the View Cube,…click on top, then zoom out a little bit.…Once we're zoomed out enough that we have…most of the area that we want for our site plan…next we need to add that textured plane…by right clicking, come up to create,…so that we can create a textured plane,…then select on textured plane.…
Click once somewhere in the upper left hand corner,…draw a box around your site's area…and that image of your site will be inside of this box.…Click and now we need to pick the image.…So click on select, find site underneath…your exercise files Chapter 6, click on open.…Put a check mark next to keep aspect ratio,…that will prevent your site from getting skewed,…not having the right dimensions.…
Click on okay, name it site, click on okay,…and then the site will be put into place.…
Brian Myers focuses on the major features of Synchro for project management, animation, and presentation. Learn how to import scheduling and model data, schedule tasks and visualize them with Gantt charts, track progress, and even create animations based on tasks. Brian also shows how to export your work to paper, PDF, and image and video files. Start watching to find out how Synchro unifies the process of BIM and scheduling for more insight and control at every stage of construction.
- Understanding the Synchro interface and navigation
- Importing 3D models and schedules
- Creating tasks
- Scheduling with Gantt charts
- Model-based scheduling
- Reviewing baseline vs. actual progress
- Creating 3D objects
- Modifying and synchronizing 3D objects
- Subdividing objects
- Exporting presentations
- Printing and exporting 3D PDF, FBX, AVI, and image files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
4. Selecting, Viewing, and Grouping Resources
6. Objects and Animations
7. Subdividing Objects
8. Exporting Information
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.