This video demonstrates the creation of cutting planes to view the model in various sections.
- [Instructor] Cutting planes allow you to cut through…your model in the area that you choose.…For instance, if I wanted to cut through…the center of my building, I could do that…by moving my cursor into this 3D area, right click,…then select on Cutting Plane, and now let's select on…this Cutting Plane Y.…Now we need to click where exactly in the building that…cutting plane needs to cut through, now let's click…right about in this location.…
See how it's now cutting through the center of the building?…Fact, if we would zoom in, we could then take a look…at that cut through the building, also, if you need to…adjust the cutting plane, you can.…You can select on these areas where we have the grey,…then pull it out, or pull it back, you can spin around…just by holding the left mouse button down…to review your building.…I'll mention that you see these circular things at the ends?…Those are for rotation.…
I really don't recommend using them too much,…because it can create some odd conditions,…but if you wanted to be able to spin your cutting plane…
Brian Myers focuses on the major features of Synchro for project management, animation, and presentation. Learn how to import scheduling and model data, schedule tasks and visualize them with Gantt charts, track progress, and even create animations based on tasks. Brian also shows how to export your work to paper, PDF, and image and video files. Start watching to find out how Synchro unifies the process of BIM and scheduling for more insight and control at every stage of construction.
- Understanding the Synchro interface and navigation
- Importing 3D models and schedules
- Creating tasks
- Scheduling with Gantt charts
- Model-based scheduling
- Reviewing baseline vs. actual progress
- Creating 3D objects
- Modifying and synchronizing 3D objects
- Subdividing objects
- Exporting presentations
- Printing and exporting 3D PDF, FBX, AVI, and image files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
4. Selecting, Viewing, and Grouping Resources
6. Objects and Animations
7. Subdividing Objects
8. Exporting Information
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.