Learn how to create a project baseline that you will be able to reference in the future.
- [Instructor] Creating a baseline allows you to save…the current condition of you're schedule.…Then, if you make any schedule changes, you can then compare…that baseline with your changes.…Let's start by selecting up here on row number 32,…Slab on Grade, now right-click in Select All,…it'll ask, do you want to select all the tasks?…Or only those visible tasks?…Select All Tasks, and click on OK.…
Now, with all the tasks highlighted, I want to create a…baseline of my entire schedule.…Right-click, then go to Baseline Selected Tasks.…It'll ask for a name, and you can type in whatever name…you'd like for this baseline, like original schedule,…or today's date.…I'm just going to leave the default, and click on OK.…If you get a message saying that the Critical Path…is currently not up to date, do you want to refresh it?…Just say yes.…
Now we can see that we have some red as well as some blue,…now to see which one is our baseline, come over here,…and then select Baselines and Scenarios.…The baseline is currently on, and we can tell that because…
Brian Myers focuses on the major features of Synchro for project management, animation, and presentation. Learn how to import scheduling and model data, schedule tasks and visualize them with Gantt charts, track progress, and even create animations based on tasks. Brian also shows how to export your work to paper, PDF, and image and video files. Start watching to find out how Synchro unifies the process of BIM and scheduling for more insight and control at every stage of construction.
- Understanding the Synchro interface and navigation
- Importing 3D models and schedules
- Creating tasks
- Scheduling with Gantt charts
- Model-based scheduling
- Reviewing baseline vs. actual progress
- Creating 3D objects
- Modifying and synchronizing 3D objects
- Subdividing objects
- Exporting presentations
- Printing and exporting 3D PDF, FBX, AVI, and image files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
4. Selecting, Viewing, and Grouping Resources
6. Objects and Animations
7. Subdividing Objects
8. Exporting Information
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.