Learn how to use auto-matching as a method to expedite the model to task assignment process.
- [Instructor] Synchro allows us…to automatically match our resources to our tasks.…And that feature is called Auto Matching…and can be found undernearth the Home tab,…Auto Matching.…In the Auto Matching dialog box,…select on New to create a new auto matching rule.…For this rule, name it Level.…What this rule will do…is it will take all of our structural columns…and then divide them to the appropriate tasks.…
Our tasks are currently labeled for each level…such as first floor, second floor, third floor.…This rule will then take all of our structural columns…for the first floor, put them on the first floor task.…Second floor, on the second floor task, etc.…Underneath Summary options will be this blank,…but I will point out that one of our options…was Use only Selected Resources.…This means that if we only wanted…to automatically match those structural columns,…in a certain part of the building,…then we could have just selected all those columns,…used Use only Selected Resources,…then it only would have distributed those columns…
Brian Myers focuses on the major features of Synchro for project management, animation, and presentation. Learn how to import scheduling and model data, schedule tasks and visualize them with Gantt charts, track progress, and even create animations based on tasks. Brian also shows how to export your work to paper, PDF, and image and video files. Start watching to find out how Synchro unifies the process of BIM and scheduling for more insight and control at every stage of construction.
- Understanding the Synchro interface and navigation
- Importing 3D models and schedules
- Creating tasks
- Scheduling with Gantt charts
- Model-based scheduling
- Reviewing baseline vs. actual progress
- Creating 3D objects
- Modifying and synchronizing 3D objects
- Subdividing objects
- Exporting presentations
- Printing and exporting 3D PDF, FBX, AVI, and image files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
4. Selecting, Viewing, and Grouping Resources
6. Objects and Animations
7. Subdividing Objects
8. Exporting Information
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.