This video shows you how to create 3D sets of objects to enable easier object selection.
- [Instructor] 3D sets enable us to select our three-dimensional objects easier. To enable the 3D sets, under the navigator, select on 3D Sets, then put a check mark next to 3D Object. Scroll down, and expand out the General category. By putting a check mark next to the 3D Object, it means that we'll display properties associated with 3D objects. Under General, we can see that we can include all the objects that meet our criteria, or exclude all the objects that meet our criteria.
We'll include all the objects that happen to be 3D. Scroll down, all those objects will be visible, show as the original color, as well as their original transparency. Expand 3D. This will specify which 3D objects we want to display, and we'll include everything that matches those objects that we select.
Start by putting a check next to Columns. Then we can see everything which is under the columns category is displaying over here. Now these are architectural columns and not structural columns. If I select on the little arrow next to columns, it'll minimize that category. We could select floors. And if we continue to scroll down, put a check next to Structural Columns. These are all the columns that have structural properties associated with them. Continue to scroll down, it'll go past all the different columns.
When you find your Structural Foundations, put a check there, then you'll see everything underneath that structural foundations category. To minimize this heading, click the little arrow, put a check next to Structural Framing. And you can continue this process, specifying certain structural steel sizes, or specific resources that meet the criteria that you require.
Brian Myers focuses on the major features of Synchro for project management, animation, and presentation. Learn how to import scheduling and model data, schedule tasks and visualize them with Gantt charts, track progress, and even create animations based on tasks. Brian also shows how to export your work to paper, PDF, and image and video files. Start watching to find out how Synchro unifies the process of BIM and scheduling for more insight and control at every stage of construction.
- Understanding the Synchro interface and navigation
- Importing 3D models and schedules
- Creating tasks
- Scheduling with Gantt charts
- Model-based scheduling
- Reviewing baseline vs. actual progress
- Creating 3D objects
- Modifying and synchronizing 3D objects
- Subdividing objects
- Exporting presentations
- Printing and exporting 3D PDF, FBX, AVI, and image files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
4. Selecting, Viewing, and Grouping Resources
6. Objects and Animations
7. Subdividing Objects
8. Exporting Information
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.