Learn how to create a 3D path for an object to follow while the model construction is animated.
- [Instructor] To create a 3D path, in Synchro,…we first need to go to a Plan view.…So, move your cursor over,…to the View cube, and select on Top.…Here, in Plan view, we now need to assign…this slab, as well as this truck, to a task.…Select on the truck, come up here, to Slab,…select on Slab, right click, and,…then, Assign Selected Resource.…Now, let's do the same process, for the slab.…Select on the slab, come up to Slab,…right click, and, Assign Selected Resources.…
Now that both of those have been assigned,…to the task, we can see that they're assigned,…to the task, if we open up our Task Properties window.…Then, expand out Resources.…We have a concrete truck, as well as the slab.…To see both of those items, again,…we now need to select on this red triangle,…hold down your left mouse button,…and, then, pull them over.…Now, this is the focus time.…And, if we move it all the way over, to the right,…after this task has been completed,…we'll now see them, in their completed stage.…
What we need to do, now, is, make some changes…
Brian Myers focuses on the major features of Synchro for project management, animation, and presentation. Learn how to import scheduling and model data, schedule tasks and visualize them with Gantt charts, track progress, and even create animations based on tasks. Brian also shows how to export your work to paper, PDF, and image and video files. Start watching to find out how Synchro unifies the process of BIM and scheduling for more insight and control at every stage of construction.
- Understanding the Synchro interface and navigation
- Importing 3D models and schedules
- Creating tasks
- Scheduling with Gantt charts
- Model-based scheduling
- Reviewing baseline vs. actual progress
- Creating 3D objects
- Modifying and synchronizing 3D objects
- Subdividing objects
- Exporting presentations
- Printing and exporting 3D PDF, FBX, AVI, and image files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
4. Selecting, Viewing, and Grouping Resources
6. Objects and Animations
7. Subdividing Objects
8. Exporting Information
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.