This lesson demonstrates how to create a 3D object within Synchro.
- [Narrator] Synchro provides the user…with the capability to draw basic 3D objects.…To see what kind of objects you can draw,…go to to the 3D tab on the ribbon,…then Select, right above Create,…on the words.…And you'll find either Sphere,…Cylinder, Box, or Extrusion.…The difference between an Extrusion…and a Box is that a Box is always…either square or rectangular.…An Extrusion can be the outline…of whatever shape that you want…and then extrude it for a certain thickness.…
For this project, I want to create a box…that will represent a concrete pad…on the top floor level of this structure.…So select on Box.…If for some reason your snapping tools…aren't available to you,…right click here on the gray area…and then select on Snapping to activate your snapping tools.…Make sure that Snap to face has been selected.…That allows you to snap to the concrete phase…of the floor down below.…
I'll also point out that you have the option…to Snap to vertex which allows you to click…and then pretty much place a point wherever…you want to, as well as Snap to edge,…
Brian Myers focuses on the major features of Synchro for project management, animation, and presentation. Learn how to import scheduling and model data, schedule tasks and visualize them with Gantt charts, track progress, and even create animations based on tasks. Brian also shows how to export your work to paper, PDF, and image and video files. Start watching to find out how Synchro unifies the process of BIM and scheduling for more insight and control at every stage of construction.
- Understanding the Synchro interface and navigation
- Importing 3D models and schedules
- Creating tasks
- Scheduling with Gantt charts
- Model-based scheduling
- Reviewing baseline vs. actual progress
- Creating 3D objects
- Modifying and synchronizing 3D objects
- Subdividing objects
- Exporting presentations
- Printing and exporting 3D PDF, FBX, AVI, and image files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
4. Selecting, Viewing, and Grouping Resources
6. Objects and Animations
7. Subdividing Objects
8. Exporting Information
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.