Learn how to use Copy and Paste.
- [Instructor] These are the steps…to make a copy of an object in Synchro.…Begin by selecting on the object.…What we want to do is make a copy of this tower crane.…So hold down the Shift key on the keyboard,…hold down your left mouse button,…click over here, then window around the tower crane,…and let go.…Once the tower crane has been selected,…we need to make a copy of it.…Right click, click Copy.…
Right click again, then select Paste.…The resources wizard will have three options.…Either don't assign it to a resource,…assign it to a new resource,…or assign it to an existing resource.…Technically, we could do any of these three options,…but I want to just assign it to a new resource.…Click Next,…for this resource's name, make it be Tower Crane.…It is a piece of equipment,…so make sure that Equipment has been chosen.…
Click Next,…Add Resources underneath build tree.…Then select Finish.…Now we need to move this tower crane to its new location.…To accomplish that, I'll right click,…move the mouse up to Edit,…and then use the Simple Manipulator.…
Brian Myers focuses on the major features of Synchro for project management, animation, and presentation. Learn how to import scheduling and model data, schedule tasks and visualize them with Gantt charts, track progress, and even create animations based on tasks. Brian also shows how to export your work to paper, PDF, and image and video files. Start watching to find out how Synchro unifies the process of BIM and scheduling for more insight and control at every stage of construction.
- Understanding the Synchro interface and navigation
- Importing 3D models and schedules
- Creating tasks
- Scheduling with Gantt charts
- Model-based scheduling
- Reviewing baseline vs. actual progress
- Creating 3D objects
- Modifying and synchronizing 3D objects
- Subdividing objects
- Exporting presentations
- Printing and exporting 3D PDF, FBX, AVI, and image files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
4. Selecting, Viewing, and Grouping Resources
6. Objects and Animations
7. Subdividing Objects
8. Exporting Information
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.