This lesson builds on the" linking objects to tasks" lesson by teaching you how to link an object to multiple tasks.
- [Instructor] Synchro allows for it's resources…to be assigned to multiple tasks.…An example of that would be the installation…and removal of it's construction trailer.…For this task begin by selecting on the construction trailer…as well as the two portable restrooms…on the exterior of the building.…Next, look on your schedule until you see Field Office.…It should be on the eighth line.…Select Field Office,…then verify this is part of the Install Task.…
If it doesn't say Install, select Install.…Then right click and Assign to Selected Task.…You notice that the Field Office then disappears.…Now the reason why the Field Office disappeared…is that the Focus Time is currently before…the actual construction of the Field Office.…If you select on the Focus Time,…move it to a point where that has been constructed,…we can now see it.…Now that we can see our construction trailer,…the next thing we need to do is…select back on that construction trailer,…as well as these two portable restrooms,…and then assign them to the part in the schedule…
Brian Myers focuses on the major features of Synchro for project management, animation, and presentation. Learn how to import scheduling and model data, schedule tasks and visualize them with Gantt charts, track progress, and even create animations based on tasks. Brian also shows how to export your work to paper, PDF, and image and video files. Start watching to find out how Synchro unifies the process of BIM and scheduling for more insight and control at every stage of construction.
- Understanding the Synchro interface and navigation
- Importing 3D models and schedules
- Creating tasks
- Scheduling with Gantt charts
- Model-based scheduling
- Reviewing baseline vs. actual progress
- Creating 3D objects
- Modifying and synchronizing 3D objects
- Subdividing objects
- Exporting presentations
- Printing and exporting 3D PDF, FBX, AVI, and image files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
4. Selecting, Viewing, and Grouping Resources
6. Objects and Animations
7. Subdividing Objects
8. Exporting Information
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.