Learn how to create a custom user field and assign it to an object.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Narrator] A user field is a…custom set of properties…that can be assigned to any object in Synchro.…Some of the things that it could be assigned to…include task, resources, and the 3D objects themselves.…To create a user field, underneath the Navigator,…select on User Fields.…And right now we can see that this project…has resource and 3D user fields already.…If we want to add a new user field,…we can just right click…and select on Add.…
For the name of this field…let's call the user field Contractor.…For the category we can either choose…this being assigned to a task,…to a resource, or to a 3D object.…It's the same process no matter what.…So let's select 3D.…For the type, we can do integers, numbers,…booleans, different dates, but the most…common one is a string that allows…us to type in text into that user field.…
Click on OK.…Now it looks like nothing has…actually happened on the screen,…but that's not entirely true.…If we come up here to 3D,…and click on the little arrow next to 3D,…this user field was grouped underneath 3D.…
Brian Myers focuses on the major features of Synchro for project management, animation, and presentation. Learn how to import scheduling and model data, schedule tasks and visualize them with Gantt charts, track progress, and even create animations based on tasks. Brian also shows how to export your work to paper, PDF, and image and video files. Start watching to find out how Synchro unifies the process of BIM and scheduling for more insight and control at every stage of construction.
- Understanding the Synchro interface and navigation
- Importing 3D models and schedules
- Creating tasks
- Scheduling with Gantt charts
- Model-based scheduling
- Reviewing baseline vs. actual progress
- Creating 3D objects
- Modifying and synchronizing 3D objects
- Subdividing objects
- Exporting presentations
- Printing and exporting 3D PDF, FBX, AVI, and image files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
4. Selecting, Viewing, and Grouping Resources
6. Objects and Animations
7. Subdividing Objects
8. Exporting Information
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.