Learn how to add equipment within the 3D view.
- [Instructor] You can bring equipment into your projects…from any of the software…that you create your Synchro models in.…Also, under the Support tab,…you'll find an Equipment Library option,…which will go online to the Synchro website,…and from there you can download…quite a few equipment options for free.…For this exercise, let's come up to File,…Import, and select on 3D.…Go to Add files,…then Exercise Files.…
Go to Ch06, and then pick the Forklift…as well as the TowerCrane.…And you can select on multiple files…by holding down the Control key.…Click on Open,…come down to Import.…Then we'll open up the Resource Wizard.…When you're bringing these in,…Synchro needs to know, is this a material?…Is this a piece of equipment?…What kind of object is it?…And what we need to do is assign this to a new resource,…click Next, and this will be a piece of equipment.…
If, for your Type, it doesn't say equipment already,…click in this box and then choose Equipment.…For the name, I'm just going to call it Equipment.…Click Next.…Click in the dot next to Add Resources underneath build tree…
Brian Myers focuses on the major features of Synchro for project management, animation, and presentation. Learn how to import scheduling and model data, schedule tasks and visualize them with Gantt charts, track progress, and even create animations based on tasks. Brian also shows how to export your work to paper, PDF, and image and video files. Start watching to find out how Synchro unifies the process of BIM and scheduling for more insight and control at every stage of construction.
- Understanding the Synchro interface and navigation
- Importing 3D models and schedules
- Creating tasks
- Scheduling with Gantt charts
- Model-based scheduling
- Reviewing baseline vs. actual progress
- Creating 3D objects
- Modifying and synchronizing 3D objects
- Subdividing objects
- Exporting presentations
- Printing and exporting 3D PDF, FBX, AVI, and image files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
4. Selecting, Viewing, and Grouping Resources
6. Objects and Animations
7. Subdividing Objects
8. Exporting Information
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.