This lesson highlights the essential controls for navigating within a 3D view.
- [Instructor] To use Synchro effectively,…we need to understand the basic 3D navigation tools.…The first tool is Zoom All, which allows us…to see the entire model, so move your…cursor into the 3D window,…right-click, come up to Zoom,…and then select on Zoom All.…Or if you just like to use keyboard…shortcuts, you can use the keys Ctrl, Shift,…and the letter J, and that'll do a Zoom All…so we can see all the model.…
Now I'd like to zoom into our house.…To zoom into the house, put your cursor…over the house, then use the wheel on your mouse.…Spin the wheel forward to zoom in toward the house.…Spin the wheel back in order to zoom out.…If you want to zoom into a particular…feature on the front of this house,…you can do that as well.…Just move your cursor over that feature,…in this case I'm going to go to the garage…door on the right-hand side of the house,…and then spin the wheel of the mouse to…zoom in to that feature.…
What occurs is that the zooming in…and out function will go wherever…your cursor is located in relationship to the building.…
Brian Myers focuses on the major features of Synchro for project management, animation, and presentation. Learn how to import scheduling and model data, schedule tasks and visualize them with Gantt charts, track progress, and even create animations based on tasks. Brian also shows how to export your work to paper, PDF, and image and video files. Start watching to find out how Synchro unifies the process of BIM and scheduling for more insight and control at every stage of construction.
- Understanding the Synchro interface and navigation
- Importing 3D models and schedules
- Creating tasks
- Scheduling with Gantt charts
- Model-based scheduling
- Reviewing baseline vs. actual progress
- Creating 3D objects
- Modifying and synchronizing 3D objects
- Subdividing objects
- Exporting presentations
- Printing and exporting 3D PDF, FBX, AVI, and image files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
4. Selecting, Viewing, and Grouping Resources
6. Objects and Animations
7. Subdividing Objects
8. Exporting Information
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.