Join Jon Peck for an in-depth discussion in this video Farewell, part of Learning Symfony2 for PHP (2014).
- This course was third in a series of similar…up and running courses exploring PHP frameworks…starting with Codeignitor, then CakePHP,…and finally this one on Symfony2.…Each is distinct and even though the goals were similar,…they're each vastly different.…If you'd like an opportunity to compare and contrast,…check them all out as well.…I hope that you've enjoyed and learned from this course…and got as much satisfaction as I got from writing it…and I sincerely appreciate your time…and thank you for watching.…I'd also like to thank the great production team…at Lynda.com for all their hard work…behind the scenes.…
Please take a moment to give feedback…through the course home page.…It'll help make future courses better…and we'd love to hear from you.…Thanks for watching.…
- Installing Symfony
- Creating a bundle from the console
- Customizing and generating database tables
- Generating controllers
- Creating, editing, and debugging entities
- Displaying and debugging a form
- Rendering content with templates
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: When trying to access the application, I receive an error stating "This script is only accessible from localhost." How can I get around this restriction?
A: The development front controller and configuration scripts are protected by default to only allow access from the localhost. Refer to the video titled “Exploring the Symfony layout” to see how to disable this security.