Learn about some of the basic and advanced features of Sylenth—a powerful virtual synthesizer plugin—and dive into some synthesis concepts along the way.
- [Nate] Welcome to synthesis with Sylenth. Sylenth from LennarDigital is a powerful virtual synthesizer plugin that you can use in your dock to create a wide variety of sounds. It has been used on many hit records, and is a really great synth that's easy to work with. It's one of my favorite go-to software synthesizers for many projects. In this course I'll show you some basic as well as advanced features of Sylenth. (synthesizer music) We'll also explore some synthesis concepts along the way. You can apply many of thees techniques to create sounds in other plugin-based or hardware synthesizers.
We'll cover workflow with the Sylenth interface, creating sounds with Sylenth's four oscillators' filter section, amp and modulation routing, (synthesizer music) adding powerful effects to further customize sounds, and finally, we'll make some specific kinds of sounds like pads, leads and drum sounds from scratch. (synthesizer music) Let's jump right in to learning synthesis with Sylenth. (organ music)
- Reviewing the interface
- Understanding oscillator waveshapes
- Understanding oscillator controls
- Working with the Amp Envelope Generator
- Using the Part Mixer
- Working with Modulation
- Working with the Mod wheel
- Understanding the effects section
- Working with distortion, phazer, EQ, and delay
- Making sounds from scratch