Join Mike Wong for an in-depth discussion in this video The importance of a foundation, part of iOS App Development: Essential Courses.
- Imagine a new building is being constructed.…You drive by day after day,…and it doesn't look like anything is happening.…All you see is a big, empty space…and a bunch of people in hard hats.…For weeks, you don't notice any obvious changes.…Then one day, you drive by…and all of a sudden, the walls are up.…The next day there are windows,…then siding, the roof and so on.…For months, while it looked like there wasn't any progress,…the team was working little-by-little,…setting a solid foundation,…so the rest of the project could go smoothly.…The same concept applies when you're starting to learn…something brand new, like developing apps.…
You'll spend a lot of time doing things up front,…where don't really see any tangible results…that are truly exciting, but all that work is important.…You have to pace yourself and commit to learning the basics.…By putting in the time up front…and getting a good grasp on the fundamentals,…you'll develop a foundation that you can build upon.…You'll have a better understanding of what's going on…
With over 15 years of experience in the software industry, Mike Wong reviews the tools, language choices, and high-level concepts behind iOS app development. Dive in and learn about storage requirements, interface design, and the tricks to promoting iOS apps in a crowded marketplace. In each video, Mike will point you to training videos, articles, and forums for learning more.
When you're done with this overview, make sure to subscribe to our curated playlist, Develop Apps for iPads and iPhones, which includes a selection of our most relevant iOS app development training.
- Acquiring the right tools for iOS app development
- Coding in Swift and Objective-C
- Working with Xcode
- Understanding app storage and project management
- Designing your app
- Promoting and marketing iOS apps
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 07/21/2017. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: courses for learning Swift.