The iOS Developer Program is for those who are ready to distribute their apps to other people. As such, being part of the iOS Developer Program is a paid service, which currently costs $99 USD per year. This membership comes with the ability to release apps to the public in the App Store, as well as distribute pre-release builds of your apps to beta testers using TestFlight.
- [Voiceover] So what do you need to develop…iOS applications with Xcode?…The Apple developer website has a list of…the different types of memberships…and you can compare them here.…So with every membership you get access…to Xcode, Xcode betas, the developer forums,…the bug reporter, and the ability…to test on a device.…Well, what do you need to pay in order to do that?…If you scroll down a little bit, you're going to see…that there is a free option.…
The requirement is that you are 13 years old…or older, and if you're going to be an individual…or an organization and you want to release…apps in the Appstores, see Appstore distribution…in these two areas.…Then you're going to need to pay…at the time of this recording 99 US dollars per year.…And that's going to cover all the different…Apple stores for your app's digital distribution,…so that includes distributing apps…in the Mac Appstore and in the iOS Appstore.…
So through this page you can choose…to sign up, so I'll scroll to the top,…and let's say you want to enroll as an individual.…
Interested in developing for Apple Watch or Apple TV? Get a sneak peek in Chapter 9. The course wraps up with a look at the submission process for the App Store.
- Installing Xcode and the iOS SDK
- Creating a simple iOS app
- Creating a basic interaction with a button
- Choosing an object as a first responder
- Creating a user interface with Interface Builder and Auto Layout
- Working with sliders and progress bars
- Creating views to show images and web pages
- Developing responsive layouts with size classes
- Understanding the iOS architecture
- Loading data in table views
- Transitioning between views
- Developing for the iPad, Apple Watch, and Apple TV
- Submitting apps to the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. Prepare to Develop an iOS App
2. Core Skills
3. Basic iOS UI
4. More UI Objects
5. Size Classes
6. iOS Application Architecture
7. Table Views
8. Multiple-View Applications
9. iPad, Watch, and Apple TV Development
10. Finish and Submit to the App Store
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.