Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video The finished app, part of Programming for Non-Programmers with iOS 10 and Swift.
- [Instructor] Here's the app that we're going to build in this course, and I want to emphasize that every concept that I teach in this course is directed toward you learning how to build this application, so when we talk about variables, it's in the context of preparing you to build this exact app. So here we have a calculator We have this number at the top of the screen, and I can click buttons, and I can click the plus button or the minus button or the multiplication button, put in a value and hit the equals sign and see the result on the screen.
I can hit the Clear button, clear out the calculator and reset it. Throughout this course, we're going to build this entire application step-by-step from scratch. We're going to use assets that are provided by Xcode. We're going to build this entire user interface ourselves and connect it code and write all of the logic of the application.
- Installing Xcode
- Creating an Xcode project
- Configuring the iOS Simulator
- Understanding variables
- Connecting visual objects to variables
- Understanding methods
- Connecting a button to a method
- Using conditional statements
- Setting up the user interface (UI)
- Building a complete iOS app
Skill Level Beginner
1. Set Up Your Coding Environment
Create an Xcode project4m 19s
2. Programming Building Blocks: Variables
3. Programming Building Blocks: Methods
4. Programming Building Blocks: Conditional Statements
5. Plan and Prepare the App
6. Build a Full Application
Next steps3m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.