The note-taking app we'll build in this course with Xcode, Swift 3, and the iOS 10 SDK has several key features. This video shows the final version of the app we'll build in this course.
- Here's the app that we are going to build in this course.…When I loaded it up,…it had some data saved to persistent storage…that loaded in this list view.…If it's a little bit difficult to see the lines…dividing the different rows inside of this list,…I can zoom in to show them more clearly.…So in here we have the different items in the list view…and we have a title here and an edit button…and a plus button to add new notes.…The edit button allows me to delete notes.…
If I click that button the app goes into editing mode.…I can click the minus button and hit delete to remove notes.…I can hit done when I'm done editing.…I can create new notes by clicking on the plus button…and modifying the notes in the editor view.…I'll add a new note.…I'll go back and see that the new note is saved.…Once it comes back to the screen, the data has been saved…to persistent storage.…I can modify the note if I want to, by selecting any note…and making a change in the editor view.…
I'll click notes to go back…and now we've successfully saved that.…
In this course, join Todd Perkins as he takes you through how to create cross-platform apps using Swift. This course is one of three related courses designed to help you discover the similarities and differences that exist between the platforms used by three main devices: an Android phone, an iPhone, and a Windows phone. These courses use the same assets to create the same note-taking app so that you can identify and experience the complementary and contrasting development steps.
- Downloading Xcode
- Configuring preferences in Xcode
- Building the app interface
- Connecting interface elements to code
- Writing app logic
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Note-Taking App for Androidwith David Gassner2h 38m Intermediate
Converting iOS 9 Apps into Apple TV Appswith Yohann Taieb2h 2m Intermediate
1. Project Overview
A demo of the finished app1m 19s
2. Understanding iOS Specifics
3. Get Started
4. Create the Table and a Data Source
5. Edit and Save Data
6. Work with Multiple View Controllers
Next steps2m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.