Xcode 8's interface can be confusing, but with a quick tour, it can make a lot more sense. Here's a tour of the Xcode 8 interface.
- [Instructor] Let's take a tour of the Xcode interface.…At the top of the screen, we have a Tool Bar.…Tool Bar has a bunch of tools for running your application,…stopping your application, changing which version…of the simulator you want to run on,…or which device you want to run on,…if you have a device plugged in.…For this course we're going to be using iPhone 7…for the whole course, I'm going to select that,…and we have some descriptions of the last build…in the center of the screen,…or the progress of your current build,…and other information right here in this area.…
And then we have the editor options,…and these three buttons right here.…So we have a Standard Editor, which is what we see…right in the middle here, this is the Editor,…this is for editing code or any file that we have selected.…Sometimes you might want to edit two files at the same time,…for that purpose we have the Assistant Editor,…which is these two circles right here.…We select that, we have one file on the left,…and another file, or even the same file, on the right.…
In this course, join Todd Perkins as he takes you through how to create cross-platform apps using Swift. This course is one of three related courses designed to help you discover the similarities and differences that exist between the platforms used by three main devices: an Android phone, an iPhone, and a Windows phone. These courses use the same assets to create the same note-taking app so that you can identify and experience the complementary and contrasting development steps.
- Downloading Xcode
- Configuring preferences in Xcode
- Building the app interface
- Connecting interface elements to code
- Writing app logic
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Project Overview
A demo of the finished app1m 19s
2. Understanding iOS Specifics
3. Get Started
4. Create the Table and a Data Source
5. Edit and Save Data
6. Work with Multiple View Controllers
Next steps2m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.