Navigation controllers add buttons, interactivity, and a navigation menu to your applications. In this tutorial, see how to wrap your existing table view inside a navigation controller.
- [Instructor] Most apps, like the settings app in iOS 10…use something called a navigation controller…in conjunction with TableViews.…So I'm in a settings app right now…and we're seeing all these different settings…and they're actually in groups…and those groups are called, sections…and again, if you want more information…about creating sections for your TableViews,…I recommend looking at the courses I'll show…in the last movie of this course.…But I want to point out, that we have this title…at the top of the screen here in the settings app…and if I select any of these settings,…then we have a new title and we have this button…that takes us back,…so we have this hierarchy that we can go down…and that feature is actually built into iOS,…all you need to do is wrap your TableView…in something called a Navigation Controller.…
So let's look at how that works.…I'll go back Xcode and then…I'm going to head over to my story board.…Here I'm going to select my TableView,…and then go to editor, embed in,…Navigation Controller.…
In this course, join Todd Perkins as he takes you through how to create cross-platform apps using Swift. This course is one of three related courses designed to help you discover the similarities and differences that exist between the platforms used by three main devices: an Android phone, an iPhone, and a Windows phone. These courses use the same assets to create the same note-taking app so that you can identify and experience the complementary and contrasting development steps.
- Downloading Xcode
- Configuring preferences in Xcode
- Building the app interface
- Connecting interface elements to code
- Writing app logic
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Project Overview
A demo of the finished app1m 19s
2. Understanding iOS Specifics
3. Get Started
4. Create the Table and a Data Source
5. Edit and Save Data
6. Work with Multiple View Controllers
Next steps2m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.