Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Working the problem, part of Code Clinic: Swift.
- To begin, task number one, step away from the IDE.…Step away from the IDE.…If your first instinct is your fingers are itching…to upon up Xcode and immediately make a new project,…stop, shut it down, and step away.…Even if you're thinking, but I already know how to do this.…We'll get to Xcode in just a moment.…First, we take a few minutes.…Do we understand the problem?…Do we need any more information?…Could we describe exactly what we're going to do…in plain English before we storm into Xcode…and try and write it in Swift?…I'm not talking here about writing some…massive exhaustive object-oriented design.…
We might do that for certain projects,…but not yet, not for this.…It's just getting a sense of this app.…How big is it?…Am I being asked to make a banking system…or airline booking or e-commerce application?…No, it's small.…What's my team? It's just me.…Again, these are the requirements.…Using the data at lpo.dt.navy.mil,…calculate the mean and median of the wind speed,…air temperature and barometric pressure…for a provided range of dates.…
Simon introduces challenges and then provides an overview of his solutions in Swift. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Problem One: Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem 3: Eight Queens
4. Problem 4 - Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5 - Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6 - Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.