Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Working the Problem, part of Code Clinic: Swift.
- I will admit that as fond as I am of Swift,…it would not be my immediate choice…when someone describes this problem…of generating dynamic webpages,…and not because it's difficult to do as you'll see,…it's quite easy to do this in Swift.…Just that if you're expecting to do it a lot for…hundreds or thousands of webpages,…you would probably want a technology…that's inherently more web oriented…like Ruby On Rails, ASP.NET, PHP,…something like that.…But for a one-off ad hoc problem like this,…Swift is certainly more than capable…and will barely break a sweat.…
We need to take a CSV,…transform the values in it into a fragment of HTML.…We could format it several ways,…but I'm going to turn it into an HTML table…and then insert that table…into an existing static webpage,…and then resave the final results.…So, here's that original graphic design page.…We want to add our content underneath this…Required Curriculum following this paragraph here.…I'll switch in to the source of this page.…I am assuming some basic familiarity here with…
Simon introduces challenges and then provides an overview of his solutions in Swift. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Problem One: Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem 3: Eight Queens
4. Problem 4 - Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5 - Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6 - Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.