Get an understanding of what a Droplet is and how to utilize it to expedite the creation of your web service.
- [Instructor] A droplet is a service container that gives…you access to the functionality found within Vapor.…You can use it to perform such tasks as registering routes,…starting and modifying your server,…upending middleware and more.…Creation of a droplet usually occurs in main.swift.…To initialize a droplet, the first thing you'll need to do…is import Vapor into your class.…Then when your done configuring your droplet,…you want to call its run function to get it started.…
A droplet contains an environment property,…which is the system environment that your app…is currently running in.…The three possible values for this property are…development, testing, and production.…By default, your app is running…in the development environment.…The environment property affects the config file…being ran as well as logging properties.…To change your environment, pass the environment flag…when running Vapor via the command line interface.…
Or if you're in Xcode, you can set the…environment flag through the scheme editor.…
- Reviewing the concept of server-side Swift
- Installing Vapor in a local environment
- Creating a new Vapor project
- Reviewing Vapor's built-in capabilities to interact with external services
- Registering and authenticating with the Dark Sky API
- Working with Leaf templates
- Setting up a Heroku account
- Using common troubleshooting techniques
Skill Level Intermediate
Core Data for iOS and macOS Enterprise Developerswith Jon Bott1h 46m Intermediate
1. Open-Source Swift and Vapor Background
2. Vapor's System Layer
3. Working with Vapor
4. View Templating
5. Deploying to Heroku
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.