Join Bear Cahill for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of Learning Higher-Order Functions with Swift.
- [Instructor] I really want you get the most out of this course that you can. And for that, I'd recommend you be pretty familiar with Xcode. In fact, I would recommend you already know Swift decently well. You don't have to be an expert in it, but having familiarity with things like collections, especially arrays, sets, and dictionaries, and also remember the strings of collection. So hopefully you're comfortable with those things and will build on that to make you a superstar with higher order functions.
- What are closures?
- Closures and function types
- Basic higher-order functions, including sort and forEach
- Powerful higher-order functions, including map and reduce
- Passing functions
- Closure optimizations
- Higher-order functions on sets, dictionaries, and strings
Skill Level Advanced
Swift 4: Protocol-Oriented Programmingwith Károly Nyisztor1h 44m Intermediate
Swift: Writing Reusable Frameworkswith David Okun1h 49m Intermediate
1. Closures and Functions
2. Basic Higher-Order Functions
3. Powerful Higher-Order Functions
4. Using Higher Order Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.