Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of Learning Swift Playgrounds Application Development.
- [Instructor] For this course, what you need to know is a basic knowledge of Swift. If you've gone through the Fundamentals of Swift, Beyond the Basics, and Explore the Universe Learn to Code series on the iPad, you probably have enough Swift to get yourself through this. If you've made a table view before, that's a plus. We'll be working with files in Finder. We'll be working in Xcode a lot, and so working with property lists is also a plus. We'll also be adding views to UIViewController, so if you've done that, you're ahead of the game.
If you don't have any of these advanced skills, don't worry; I'll walk you through all of this. You'll also get more out of this course if you have an iPad running iOS 10 or later and a copy of the Swift Playgrounds for iPad. That download is free from the App Store.
- Comparing iPad and Xcode playgrounds
- Creating and testing Swift classes and code in iPad and Xcode playgrounds
- Prototyping code
- Debugging and testing with Quick Look live views
- Using markup to interactively document code and create educational lessons
- Compiling code into playground books
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS App Development: Notificationswith Steven Lipton1h 10m Intermediate
1. Introducing Playgrounds
2. Xcode Playgrounds
3. iPad Playgrounds
4. Markup and Playgrounds
5. Playground Books
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.