Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Programming for Non-Programmers with iOS 10 and Swift.
- [Instructor] So let's look at what you should know before coming into the course. This course is really as basic as it gets. You're going to need a Mac, and it can't be that old. It needs to be able to run Xcode 8. If your computer has the Mac App Store on it, it's very likely that you are good to go. You need to be able to navigate through the operating system. In fact, if you're competent with a computer enough to watch this video through a stream on the internet, you are more than qualified to go through this course.
So let's jump in.
- Installing Xcode
- Creating an Xcode project
- Configuring the iOS Simulator
- Understanding variables
- Connecting visual objects to variables
- Understanding methods
- Connecting a button to a method
- Using conditional statements
- Setting up the user interface (UI)
- Building a complete iOS app
Skill Level Beginner
1. Set Up Your Coding Environment
Create an Xcode project4m 19s
2. Programming Building Blocks: Variables
3. Programming Building Blocks: Methods
4. Programming Building Blocks: Conditional Statements
5. Plan and Prepare the App
6. Build a Full Application
Next steps3m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.