Join Ron Buencamino for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Implementing In-App Purchases in iOS with Swift.
- [Voiceover] Before we get started, I'm assuming that you have a basic level of understanding of the Swift programming language, and that you've built your own app or two along the way. I'm also expecting that you understand the fundamentals of Object-oriented programming. You'll also need a paid Apple Developer account, as that is necessary to test the In-App purchase functionality on your device.
First, learn what you can legitimately offer for sale in the App Store. Apple's guidelines restrict the sale of certain products, including real-world goods. Next, learn how to configure new products for sale with iTunes Connect and retrieve the product information in your app. Ron then shows how to request and process payments, and deliver the user's purchases to their iOS device. There are separate chapters for working with subscriptions and restoring purchased content when users have to reinstall the app—a smart strategy for keeping your app rating high.
- What you can and can't sell in the App Store
- Creating products in iTunes Connect
- Retrieving product information
- Requesting payments in your app
- Processing App Store transactions
- Delivering products to your app
- Working with subscriptions
- Restoring purchased content