Learn how to implement lean controllers in iOS applications. This course covers the setup process and how to work with persistent data, data managers, data providers, and data sources.
- [Instructor] Before we dive into the actual implementation of leaning in massive view controller, I think it's a good idea to learn what exactly is a massive view controller? So massive view controllers are basically controllers that do not follow the single responsibility principle. They do not follow the composition, that do not provide reusability. If you have written code in your view controller, which sets up the database, initializes a database, which creates and uses the user controls and also fetches the records from a persistent storage.
It can be from API. It can be from a database. It can be from XML storage, any kind of storage. Then most probably your view controller suffers from massive view controller syndrome. That's the bad news. The good news is that you have actually bought this course, which is going to show you how you can convert your massive view controllers into lean controllers.
- Comparing types of controllers
- Using Keynote to design wireframes
- Implementing UI
- Integrating with Core Data
- Creating custom views for iOS apps
- Fetching records to display in views
- Working with data providers and data sources