Learn how to write more robust and maintainable Swift code by making the switch to functional programming.
- [Shaun] If you've ever found yourself searching for a better, more maintainable way to organize your code, functional programming just might be the solution you're looking for. In recent years, many programmers, inspired by the flexibility that functional programming provides, have begun to switch over their code bases to take advantage of the power and simplicity of functional programming. If you've ever written an app or some other program in Swift, functional programming could be a fantastic way to eliminate bugs, and to make your app more scalable and maintainable. I'm Shaun Wassell, and I'm really excited to start this journey with you to learn and apply functional programming to your code.
In this course, we'll cover the basic concepts of functional programming, such as first class functions and immutability, and then we'll move on to other concepts, such as mapping, filtering, and reducing, and how they can be applied in your code. Finally, we'll touch on some advanced concepts like recursion and partial application. We've got a lot to cover, so let's get started.
- What is functional programming?
- Keeping functions and data separate
- First-class functions
- Working with arrays functionally
- Filtering and reducing
- Partial-application and recursion