Strengthen your Swift programming skills by going beyond the fundamentals. This Swift 3 course covers playgrounds, operators, strings, sequences, collections, reference types, protocols, generics, and access control.
- Swift is one of the easiest programming languages to pick up and start using, yet it also packs powerful features and advanced capabilities that enable you to write code that is expressive, extensible and highly performing. That's what this course is all about. Hi, I'm Scott Gardner, and I've been using Swift since the day it was announced in June, 2014. In this course, I'm going to pick up where I left off in Swift 3 Essential Training: The Basics and cover the intermediate to advanced topics you'll need to know to write production Swift code. I'll cover advanced ways of working with collection views and types, protocol oriented programming, generics, access control, and much more to help you take your Swift skills to the next level.
I know you're ready, so let's get started.
- Adding source files, resources, links, and literals
- Adding pages to a playground
- Using overflow operators and bitwise operators
- Using ranges with strings
- Creating complex sequences
- Chaining higher-order functions
- Defining lazy properties
- Using failable initializers
- Mutating methods
- Working with singletons
- Nesting function types
- Creating error types and recursive enumerations
- Extending concrete types
- Referencing selectors and key paths
- Working with protocol-oriented programming
- Defining class-only protocols and optional protocols
- Using option sets, type checking, and casting operators
Skill Level Intermediate
Core Data for iOS and macOS Enterprise Developerswith Jon Bott1h 46m Intermediate
Distributing Your iOS App for Testing with TestFlightwith Ron Buencamino35m 10s Intermediate
iOS App Development: Test-Driven Developmentwith Harrison Ferrone2h 14m Intermediate
3. Strings and Characters
4. Sequences and Collections
5. Control Flow
6. Value and Reference Types
9. Access Control
Understand access control3m 47s
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.