Learn how to use table views to build multiview native iOS apps, in part 5 of our iOS 10 App Development Essentials series.
- [Instructor] Hi, I'm Todd Perkins. Welcome to this course onworking with complex views in iOS 10 and Swift 3. This course is focused on both tableviews and working with multi view layouts in Xcode 8. Table views are the list views that you see in the Reminders app, the Settings app, the Health app, and many more first and third party apps. We'll start with the basics of working with table views, setting up a data source, customizing table view cells, and handling delegate methods. From there, we'll look at creating more complex layouts using the Tabbed application template.
We'll discuss how the template's set up, and how you can customize it to your liking. Finally, you'll see how to transition between views, and how to add titles and navigation buttons using navigation controllers. We'll then wrap up with a detailed look at the Master Detail application template. So let's start doing some iOS development.
- Creating table views and data sources
- Loading an array
- Grouping sections
- Adding titles and images to table cells
- Responding to table row selection events
- Adding tabs to a tabbed application
- Transitioning between views
- Sending data between views