Become an iOS app developer—one step at a time. Part 3 of our iOS 10 App Development Essentials series covers the basics of working with iOS UI controls like picker views, web views, and size classes.
- Hi, I'm Todd Perkins. Welcome to this course on iOS 10 app development using Swift 3. This course is focused on intermediate user interface design. We'll start with going into detail about how to use the various UI objects in iOS 10. Images, pickerviews, sliders, progress bars, switches, et cetera. From there, we'll go into detail about using web views, including loading data from a string, a file, and a URL. We'll also look at creating a simple web browser app.
To wrap up the course, we'll talk about how to make your layouts respond to changes in orientation and different device aspect ratios. So let's start doing some UI design.
- Adding picker views
- Responding to selections in picker views
- Creating UI elements with code
- Creating image views to display images
- Creating web views to display web content
- Changing fonts, pins, and views with size classes