Build a complete note-taking app for an iPhone using Swift 3, and then watch companion courses to compare the steps involved in making the app for an Android phone and a Windows phone.
- [Todd] Hi, I'm Todd Perkins. Welcome to this course on Building a Note-Taking App using iOS 10 and Swift 3. This course shows how to create a simple note-taking app from scratch using Xcode and the iOS SDK. We'll start with the basics, downloading Xcode, touring the interface, and setting up preferences. From there we'll build the user interface of the app and connect those elements to code. Then we'll wrap it up by writing the logic of the application to handle creation, deletion, and editing of notes.
So, let's build an app.
In this course, join Todd Perkins as he takes you through how to create cross-platform apps using Swift. This course is one of three related courses designed to help you discover the similarities and differences that exist between the platforms used by three main devices: an Android phone, an iPhone, and a Windows phone. These courses use the same assets to create the same note-taking app so that you can identify and experience the complementary and contrasting development steps.
- Downloading Xcode
- Configuring preferences in Xcode
- Building the app interface
- Connecting interface elements to code
- Writing app logic
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Note-Taking App for Androidwith David Gassner2h 38m Intermediate
Converting iOS 9 Apps into Apple TV Appswith Yohann Taieb2h 2m Intermediate
1. Project Overview
A demo of the finished app1m 19s
2. Understanding iOS Specifics
3. Get Started
4. Create the Table and a Data Source
5. Edit and Save Data
6. Work with Multiple View Controllers
Next steps2m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.