Start a career or a sideline building iOS apps. Learn about the tools, language choices, and high-level concepts behind iOS app development, and find the training to learn more.
- If you have ever been interested in learning how to write code in order to develop your own iOS app, this is the course for you. I'm Mike Wong and not long ago I was sitting right where you are now. I was very interested in developing my own iOS app. Not because I thought I had the next million dollar idea, but rather because I thought it would be fun to see what I could create on my own. The problem was that I couldn't find a prescribed path that outlined the videos I should watch, the articles I should read, and the forums I could visit to get started. I had to do it the hard way and figure it out on my own.
The good news, is that I'm here to share that experience with you and get you started down the path to developing your very own iOS app without having any prior development experience. We'll begin by looking at the basics of what you'll need to get started in iOS development. Then I'll share how you can build your foundational knowledge and understanding of Xcode. The application that you'll be using to develop your apps. Next, I'll discuss some additional resources that you can turn to when you get stuck, as well as some resources to help you design your app. Finally, I'll wrap things up with a couple of ways that you can market and promote your application once it's available in the iTunes app store.
This course is a general overview, but throughout I'll provide suggestions of courses that you can watch that go into much greater detail. So let's get started with the basics of iOS development.
With over 15 years of experience in the software industry, Mike Wong reviews the tools, language choices, and high-level concepts behind iOS app development. Dive in and learn about storage requirements, interface design, and the tricks to promoting iOS apps in a crowded marketplace. In each video, Mike will point you to training videos, articles, and forums for learning more.
When you're done with this overview, make sure to subscribe to our curated playlist, Develop Apps for iPads and iPhones, which includes a selection of our most relevant iOS app development training.
- Acquiring the right tools for iOS app development
- Coding in Swift and Objective-C
- Working with Xcode
- Understanding app storage and project management
- Designing your app
- Promoting and marketing iOS apps
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 07/21/2017. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: courses for learning Swift.