Learn about the Weather app and how to implement it using POP principles.
- [Instructor] We aim to implement a simple,…yet functional weather app, using POP principles.…The app will display weather information…for a given city by getting the data…from a web server.…Let's start designing the app.…The weather app follows the…Model-View-Controller design pattern.…This high-level pattern addresses the global architecture…of an application.…The MVC stands at the core of most modern applications…and frameworks, including popular frameworks like…The Cocoa Touch.…
iOS and macOS apps actually…make us follow the rules defined by MVC.…So, let's take a closer look at this design pattern.…The MVC pattern classifies the objects based…on the roles they play in an application.…We have three types of objects; the Model objects…hold the application's data and they find the logic…to manage that data.…Model objects should not include…presentational logic.…View objects present information…to the user and may also allow modifying to data…from the application's data model.…
The view object can cache the data it displays,…
- Comparing object-oriented programming with protocol-oriented programming
- Methods and class-bound protocols
- Adopting a protocol
- Declaring asynchronous behavior
- Preparing and implementing fallback logic
- Implementing an app using protocol-oriented programming
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Protocol-Oriented Programming
4. Implement the Weather App Using POP
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.