Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Using filters and image blending modes, part of Code Clinic: Swift (2015).
- [Voiceover] As part of my initial fact-finding,…I was browsing through the documentation for Core Image.…This is a library in the iOS/Mac developer toolkits.…It's designed to provide a fast, optimized way…to apply filters to images or video.…What do I mean by filters?…Well the simplest example is, think of something…you might do in a program like Instagram.…You apply a sepia tone filter to a photograph,…or make it black and white,…but these filters, and there are over…a hundred different filters in Core Image, go beyond that.…They include ways to blur and to crop images,…to change their position, or to blend them.…
Here's what I mean by blending.…If I jump to an image editor, I'm in Sketch here,…but I could use anything, like Photoshop,…and as an example I've got two of the images…I'm interested in comparing to see…if one matches to the other.…Now sure, I could just drag things around…and see if they line up.…When I zoom in, you'll be able to notice…what I've already said about the differences in color,…that even if we got to the exactly correct position,…
Simon introduces challenges and then provides an overview of his solutions in Swift. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: I am unable to access the Lake Pend Oreille data from outside the U.S.
A: A static copy of this data is provided here for lynda.com members outside of the U.S
1. Problem One: Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem 3: Eight Queens
4. Problem 4 - Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5 - Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6 - Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.