Join Harrison Ferrone for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Learning Swift 3 for Developers.
- [Instructor] For this course, I'll be using Xcode version 8.2.1 and Swift 3, if you have access to the exercise files you can follow along with me step by step. In the exercise files folder you'll see that we have chapter folders and in each chapter folder, we have individual folders for each video. In each of these video folders you'll find an Xcode playground file, which you can use to jump into the project at any time.
There is also a folder marked End in each chapter folder, which contains that chapter's completed Xcode playground for your reference.
- Starting a new playground
- Printing to the console
- Declaring variables
- Working with numbers
- Using strings
- Breaking down optionals
- Understanding closures
- Classes vs. structs
- Extensions and protocols
Skill Level Beginner
1. Hello Swift
2. Back to Basics: Variables and Operators
3. Collections, Tuples, and Enumerations
4. Working with Logic Flows
5. Only in Swift: Optionals
6. Functions, Closures, and Associated Types
7. Classes vs. Structs
8. Advanced Topics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.